The league has completed all of the regular season games as of this afternoon, so the Provincial Championship schedule is now finalized. Here is our schedule (all games at the Red Ball Internet Center (4-Plex) in Moncton):
- Game 1 – Thursday at 9:00 am: Caps vs Moncton Haws
- Game 2 – Thursday at 2:15 pm: Caps vs Saint John Sea Dogs
- Game 3 – Friday at 2:00 pm: Caps vs Northern Blackhawks
- Game 4 – Saturday at 9:15 am: Caps vs KV Rangers
Coaches Mike and Mark and Manager Mike have also released the first version of the week’s team schedule:
- Monday and Tuesday: dryland and practice as usual
- Wednesday: departure for Moncton. We’ll meet at 5:30 at the Aitken Centre parking lot, where we loaded the bus for our December trip, and leave in four vehicles. Mike and Mark will each have trucks, and Ray and I vans. (Ray is stepping in Wednesday for Leslie, who can’t join us until Thursday morning in Moncton. Thanks, Ray!)(Note: Kevin will be departing at 6:30, instead of 5:30, from Leo Hayes. We’d like Nic Blyth and Jake Stillwell to ride with Kevin and Garrett. Blyths and Stillwells: please contact me if this doesn’t work for you.)
We don’t plan a team meal Wednesday night; we’re hoping you can feed your boys before dropping them at the Aitken Centre. We’ll get the boys checked into the Hampton Inn and unpacked, feed them healthy snacks, and have a team meeting. At curfew time each night, we’ll collect the boys’ electronic distractions, and return them each morning.
- Thursday: breakfast at the hotel, followed by the 9:00 a.m. game vs Moncton Hawks. We will have lunch (Subway) at the hotel. After lunch we will head to the rink for the 2:15 p.m. game vs Saint John Sea Dogs. Following the game there will be supper at Boston Pizza (we’ll pass on the time once it’s set: would love to see you all there!)
- Friday: breakfast, team meeting and lunch at the hotel. Our 2:00 game is vs Northern Blackhawks. The league awards banquet is at 6:00 pm.
- Saturday: breakfast at the hotel, followed by the 9:15 a.m. game vs KV Rangers
Additional details will be forthcoming over the next few days.